Cookie Consent by

Health and Wellbeing

Our students' health and wellbeing is our number one concern.

Book now

Health and Wellbeing

The health and wellbeing of our students is our top priority, so we have trained all of our staff and have created policies which ensure that all of our students will have a happy, healthy and fun experience.

Please see below for any frequently asked questions related to health and well-being.

What are the arrangements for students who require medication?

We have procedures in place to allow students who require medication to attend the course, wherever possible.

Medical Release

Twin shall have full authority to take whatever action it considers necessary to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all students, such as medical treatment. 

What happens if my child is sick?

The homestay host or residence will contact Twin who will then take the necessary steps to ensure your child is well looked after.

Is the accommodation inspected?

Yes, all homestays are visited and inspected by a representative of Twin or homestay agency to ensure they are clean and safe.

We also visit and inspect each of our residential summer centres assessing all of their facilities - including rooms and bathrooms. 

What is the accommodation like?

Homestay - No two homes are the same - some will be larger than others for example with more than one bathroom and they may or may not have a garden but they will all be kind and welcoming. There will be no more than three other students in the accommodation and a student might need to share a bedroom with another student.

Residential - Our residential centres offer different accommodation. Some centres have larger rooms that can comfortably accommodate up to 8 students, while others offer single or single en-suite rooms. 

What should a student do if he/she has any type of problem?

It is very important to us that all of our students are happy and have a positive experience in our Summer Centres. If students are unhappy for any reason they should speak to a member of Twin staff as soon as possible.

  • Our staff are friendly and will do their best to help you resolve any problems.
  • Parents should encourage their children to approach Twin staff directly with any worries or queries. This is the best way to resolve any problems. Students phoning home and expecting their parents to contact an agent, who will in turn contact Head Office, who will then contact the centre takes longer and causes more stress to everyone involved. 


It is very common for people who are away from home to feel sad and miss their family and friends. Sometimes they miss their food, bedroom, or just familiar surroundings, especially if it is their first time away from home. Students should be advised that it is not something to be embarrassed about. Their new friends might be feeling the same way! Engourage them to speak to the other students, to their group leader or to a member of Twin staff instead of unnecessarily worrying their parents. Twin are very aware of these issues and take every opportunity to monitor the happiness of each student during their stay with us. We have a lot of experience in dealing with such matters.

Is it ok for individual students to come without a group leader?

We know it is important to look after individual students who come without a group leader. Every summer centre has staff members who are responsible for individual students during their whole stay. They act as “substitute group leaders” so the individual students know to whom they can go. We also have a member of the Head Office team that is dedicated to ensuring the welfare, care and enjoyment of all individual students is carried out in all centres.

What happens if a student is being bullied?

Bullying and bad behaviour towards other students and staff will not be tolerated in Twin Summer Centres and will be dealt with very severely. Twin has very clear policies on this matter, which will be followed closely by the centre management team.


Twin Group is affiliated and associated with the following professional organisations: