Twin Summer Centres Information for Applicants
Thank you for your interest in working at Twin Summer Centres. This document has been put together to provide you with as much information as possible about working in one of our summer centres.
Centres running in 2019
|Centre||Type||Maximum number of students||Age range||Staff Induction||Centre Dates|
|Cheltenham||Residential||128||9-17||29-30.06||01.07 - 12.08|
Please note …
- Must attend an induction in London on June 15th + 16th 2019
- Must arrive at the centre one day before the main staff induction
- Must be willing to take on the responsibility of designated safeguarding staff member, first-aider and fire-warden (training provided at induction)
Teachers and Activity Leaders:
- Initial contracts for Teachers and Activity Leaders are normally 2-4 weeks. Contract extensions are offered depending on performance and student numbers.
- If you are offered a role as a first aider you must attend a training session in London on June 16th 2019, unless you already hold a valid qualification. First aiders (non-management staff only) will be paid an extra £20/ week.
Please click on the role to see the job description.
Residential centres: Leamington Spa and Cheltenham
|Role||Maximum no of hours||Typical weekly shift pattern|
08.00 – 21.00
Also on-call overnight to deal with emergencies
|Director of Studies||66||
08.00 – 20.00Also on-call overnight to deal with emergencies
11.00 – 22.00Also on-call overnight to deal with emergencies
|Teacher+Activity Leader||48||Working hours may be any time from 08.00 to 22.00 and split shifts are common. Working week is made up of 15 hours teaching and 3 hours of preparation time, plus up to 30 hours activities, excursions, airport meet and greets, supervision duties and meetings. Activities in either afternoon or evening on a rotational basis.|
Working hours may be any time from 09.00 to 23.00 but are mainly in the afternoons and evenings. Working week is made up of activities, excursions, airport meet and greets, supervision duties, meetings, and 3 hours of preparation time.
In addition to the Activity Leader duties above, House Parents supervise wake-up (7-8) and/ or pre-bedtime (22.00-23.00), oversee the day-to-day running of the boarding house; and carry out welfare and administrative duties. Also on-call overnight to deal with emergencies.
- All roles have one day off per week; the day may vary from week to week.
- Accommodation and food are provided. Accommodation outside of the contract possible at £35 per night (no food provided), subject to availability.
- All rooms are single en-suite.
- You are likely to share a corridor or a flat with students and will be expected to assist in the event of an emergency. You may have to move bedrooms during your employment.
- Laundry facilities available at a small cost.
Important information – all centres
- Managers will be paid £360 in total for their 5 induction days on completion of contract
- All other staff will be paid £135 for their 2 induction days on completion of contract
- Staff may not take holiday during their contract, but are paid statutory holiday pay (calculated at 12.07% of gross pay)
- You will be paid on the last working day of the month, generally 2 weeks in arrears
- You are expected to work on the final day of your contract and accommodation will be provided that night if required